Monday, July 05, 2004

Today was a bit more productive. Last night I figured out the plotting problems that had me hung up on my Western outline. Of course, the answers came to me during the middle of the night out of a sound sleep, so I wasn't sure if they would make sense when I wrote it all up today. Luckily, enough of it did so that I was able to get the outline done and can start the book later this week. Didn't do any research. To be honest, I don't like research or outlining. I like sitting down at the computer and actually writing the books. Everything else about the business is a necessary evil. Luckily Livia likes doing research and is a good plotter, so we complement each other well.

The rest of the day was spend buying groceries and some paving stones to put on Sugarfoot's grave, and working on my van. I was trying to replace a broken parking light assembly so the van will pass inspection, but I wasn't able to figure out how to get it loose, so I'll have to take it to the guy who does the mechanic work I can't handle myself (which is most of it).

Currently reading "Lawmen Die Sudden!", a novelette by Will Cook in the November 1953 issue of BIG-BOOK WESTERN. It's pretty slow so far and I'm not real fond of it.

No comments: