Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Book Quiz

My friend Juri Nummelin sent me one of those quizzes that go around the blogs. Memes, I think they're called? I've never done one of these before, so bear with me.

1.You're stuck inside FAHRENHEIT 451. What book do you want to be?

THE SUN ALSO RISES. Hemingway sounds good read aloud.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

I dunno. Dejah Thoris, maybe, when I was about twelve. Modesty Blaise a few years later. Any crushes I had on fictional characters were probably directed more toward TV characters -- like Mrs. Emma Peel.

3. What are you currently reading?

DARK VOYAGE, a World War II espionage novel by Alan Furst. I've seen good comments about Furst's work in the past, but this is the first thing I've read by him. I like it quite a bit so far. Good characters, interesting plot, nice stripped-down prose.

4. What five books would you take to a deserted island?

Assuming I'm going to be stuck there for a long time . . . a good Dashiell Hammett collection, a good Raymond Chandler collection, and the three Wandering Star/Del Rey collections of Robert E. Howard's Conan stories.

5. Who are you going to pass this along to and why?

Is that a requirement? I think I'll just leave it here on the blog, and anybody who wants to take the questions and use them on their blog is welcome to do so. And if you want to answer them but don't have a blog, send the responses to me and I'll post 'em, or use the comments section.

No comments: