Sunday, June 05, 2005

Birthday

Just thought I'd mention that today is my 52nd birthday. I used to hear my brother-in-law talk about how no matter how old he got, he still felt about 16 inside. I know how he feels. In a lot of ways I never grew up. Or as I've said to my wife many times, "Just how much maturity do you expect from a guy who makes up stories about cowboys for a living?"

Of course at other times I feel like I'm about 102, such as when I've spent a couple of days trying to fix our clothes dryer and the blasted thing still doesn't work. If there are any plumbers or appliance repairmen out there who work cheap, come on down! Have I got some work for you!

In the meantime, the writing continues to go well, and I'm reading THE GOLDEN GROTTO, a Shadow pulp novel from 1933.

3 comments:

mybillcrider said...

Happy Birthday, James. And may the next 52 years be as productive as the first 52 have been.

Cap'n Bob said...

Many happy returns, James. I know what you mean about feeling like a kid inside. I have the heart of a teenager. Sadly, I have the arteries of an old geezer.

Anonymous said...

Happy - belated - birthday, James. I've been moving offices (and wrestling with the flu), so I haven't been surfing the web much lately (other than fighting with Vince Keenan over the merits of Steve McQueen). Sorry I missed so much on your blog. Congrats on the birthday, your daughter's graduation, the completion of another book, the launch of the next one, and the repair of the dryer! You pack more into your average day than I can into a week! You should write a non-fiction book about time management (seriously).

BTW - I assumed you WERE at least 102, considering your resume! Can't believe you're just a spring chicken.

Wishing you many more birthdays to come (and many more books to complete)!

TL