Sunday, April 23, 2006

Outlines and Lawn Mowers

Today I wrote those two outlines I mentioned yesterday, and as always, it feels good to have the plots worked out for a couple of books. Too often I've had good ideas, but if I don't know where I'm going with them, sometimes it's awfully hard to get where I need to be. Tomorrow I'll email them off to the editors involved, after I've had a chance to look them over one more time, and we'll see what happens.

I also worked on one of our lawn mowers that failed to start the last time I tried to use it. I didn't really expect to be able to fix it. My skill level when it comes to repairing machinery isn't very high; I'm a "muddle around and hope it works" sort of guy. But in this case I actually got it started and it seemed to run just fine. I'm glad, because I really didn't want to have to go buy another one tomorrow.

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Congrats on getting the mower fixed. I can think of few other things that hurt more than having to throw away money on a mower! Bad enough they don't actually mow the lawn for you...you have to operate it yourself, but when they start breaking down it costs a fortune to fix them.