Sunday, December 06, 2009

Gene Autry and Smiley Burnette

In the spirit of fairness, here's a clip featuring the other leading singing cowboy from that era and his most frequent sidekick. Now, I never liked Gene and Frog as much as I did Roy and Gabby, but I'll admit they made some decent movies for Republic in the Thirties. This clip also includes the credits from ROOTIN' TOOTIN' RHYTHM, and it's interesting to note the the script was based on a story by Johnston McCulley, the prolific pulp author and creator of Zorro.

4 comments:

mybillcrider said...

I wish I had a dollar for every one of those movies I've seen.

James Reasoner said...

Me, too. I think I've seen all the Roy Rogers movies and quite a few of the Gene Autrys. Plus too many to count of other B-Westerns.

Cap'n Bob said...

Makes me want to see the whole picture.

James Reasoner said...

Me, too, Cap'n. Netflix has it for download, but not on DVD. One of the Autry movies I remember really liking was PUBLIC COWBOY #1. I may have to watch that one again.