Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lynn Munroe's Ben Haas Checklist

For all you Ben Haas fans out there -- and I know there are a lot of you -- you need to head on over to Lynn Munroe's website right away. He's posted several new pages about Haas, starting with a fine biographical essay and including checklists of all of Haas's books under various pseudonyms, several of which are new to me. Not content to stop there, though, Lynn has also unraveled the history and authorship of the Lassiter series, to which Haas contributed one book. "Who wrote the Lassiters?" is a question that's been dogging me for years, and Lynn has done a spectacular job of uncovering a great deal of information. This is great stuff, and the Haas fans among you should check it out immediately.

4 comments:

Peter Brandvold said...

Can't wait to read the Haas biographical essay. I've always wondered about him. He's one of my favorites, too. Thanks for posting this, James!

Charles R. Rutledge said...

This is darn handy. Been working on getting all the Haas Fargo books. Thanks for posting the links!

Ed Gorman said...

Man, James, really fascinating material. Thanks for the post and the link.

Anonymous said...

First off, this is a gold mine of info, packed with details that I have been seeking for years. Rah!

Second, it knocks most of my own weak efforts at research into ye proverbial cocked hat. Rats.

It also shows me that there are still a lot of Haas books out there that I do not have. Yet.

I really hope this draws new attention to his work on Fargo and Sundance-- to my mind some of the best adventure fiction since the glory days of the pulps.

John Hocking