Monday, October 14, 2013

Gabriel Hunt Makes a Comeback


As some of you already know, the six Gabriel Hunt novels are being re-issued next year by Titan Books, the current home of Charles Ardai's other line, a little thing called Hard Case Crime. The Hunt novels were in limbo a little longer, but I'm very glad to see that new editions are on the way. While I loved the pulpish covers on the originals, the new covers are pretty snazzy, too, and you can see all of them here. It's also very nice to see my name on the cover of the one I wrote. At this point I have no idea if the series will continue beyond the re-issues of these six books, but my hope is that it'll have a better chance to find its audience this time around.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks snazzy. I'm glad to see it return to print!

Dan_Luft said...

Great news. These were a lot harder to find than the Hard Case Crime books. I'm not sure if they had smaller print runs or the bookstores weren't sure where to shelve them.

Anonymous said...

Cool. Got a bit of a Bond vibe...

Jim Cornelius
www.frontierpartisans.com

Rick said...

This is the one I read. It was a helluva ride.

Adventuresfantastic said...

These look slick, but I think I like the original covers better. Still, I'm glad they're back. I have all but Napoleon's Well. I didn't know it had been published as I never saw a copy of the cover anywhere.

Unknown said...

Read the first one, and quite enjoyed it: http://pulpfan.livejournal.com/9569.html .

Hope you get a chance to write another one, James!

ChuckTyrell said...

Off to get a Kindle version right now.

Anonymous said...

I've got four of the siz originals. These look really good.


Jeff M.

Gerard said...

I really enjoyed the whole series. I hope Ardai commissions more of them.

Charles Gramlich said...

I'd kind of like to have the one with your name on it. I've got the original issue.