Friday, June 29, 2007

Ora Strickland Reasoner, 1916 - 2007

My mom passed away early this afternoon. In her 91 years and almost three months she was a schoolteacher, a library volunteer, raised three kids, and helped out immensely with numerous grandchildren. For a while after her stroke back in January she was making enough progress that we thought she might be able to move out of the rehab facility and go back to regular assisted living someday. However, over the past couple of months it's become obvious that wasn't going to happen. I saw her around the middle of the day today and knew it wasn't going to be much longer, but I really thought we were looking at another week or so. However, the call came from my brother about an hour later, letting me know that she was gone.

I'll still be blogging. I finished reading a book yesterday that I want to talk about, and there are still movies to be watched and writing news to report. So I'll be around.

9 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Mother. My prayers will be with the family.

Unknown said...

Really sorry to hear this, James. I'm sure she was a wonderful woman. Judy and I will be thinking of you and the rest of your family.

Anonymous said...

James, please accept condolences from my family to yours.

--Christopher Robbins

Charles Gramlich said...

This hits close to home. I was just visiting my mom, who is 90, and is growing pretty frail. She was hospitalized but has recovered pretty well. I'm sorry for your loss, James.

Graham Powell said...

My condolences, I know this must be hard.

Cap'n Bob said...

Ninety-one years is a mighty long time, although I'm sure you wish it could have been longer. I'm sorry for your loss and hope you can embrace the good times from the past. I have a feeling she must hve been a special woman to have raised such a fine son.

Juri said...

Sorry to hear about that, James.

Anonymous said...

I'm am so sorry to hear this, I wish that I could say something more than "my condolencs to you and your family," but that is all that I can.

Anonymous said...

Echoing the others in offering condolences. She must have been special to have produced someone like you.