Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fast Five


What, after I've watched and loved the first four movies in this series, you thought I wouldn't watch and love this one, too? (Actually, "love" is too strong a word for TOKYO DRIFT, but it's okay.)


As someone I know once said, "You know what's been missing from the Fast and Furious series right from the start?  The Rock!" Well, he's in this one, and of course he has an epic slugfest with Vin Diesel. Throw in the usual assortment of spectacular car stunts, motorcycle stunts, train stunts, some colorful Brazilian scenery, shootouts, fistfights, an evil drug lord, a 100 million dollar caper, and that pretty well sums up FAST FIVE. I didn't think it was quite as good as the last one, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. There was a late plot twist I didn't see coming (but should have) and a nice teaser at the end setting up the next installment in the franchise. Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson are going to be in that one, too, and it's rumored that Jason Statham will also be on board, as proof, I suppose, of the theory that you can never have too many bald guys trying to kick each other's ass in a movie.


Hey, you already know I'm gonna watch it and love it . . .

2 comments:

Cullen Gallagher said...

I saw this in theaters and wound up really liking it. I hadn't seen any of the series since the first one, but now I want to go back and catch up on video.

And if Statham came on board for the next one, well, gee whiz... He's my favorite action star currently. So that would just about make my day seeing Statham, Vin Diesel, and The Rock on-screen together.

wayne d. dundee said...

I hadn't fololowed all the previous entries in this series, even though I am a fan of Vin Diesel. But having The Rock on board for this one (since my grandson and I are both huge rasslin' fans) sealed the deal. So we went and saw it --- and enjoyed the heck out of it!
Now, like Cullen, I want to go back and check out the earlier titles. Plus, with Statham added to the cast, I'll darn-tootin' be on the lookout for the next one!