Monday, January 14, 2013

Now Available: Deadlock (A Judge Earl Stark Western)

"Deadlock", a 7000-word short story featuring Judge Earl Stark, is now available as an e-book on both Amazon and Barnes & Noble at the low price of 99 cents. I wrote this story several years ago for the anthology GUNS OF THE WEST, but I figure there are readers out there who never saw it there. It's a pretty good yarn about Stark presiding over a murder trial where the jury is, shall we say, less than cooperative. Check it out!

6 comments:

Sean McLachlan said...

Best of luck with your new release. Is he perhaps inspired by Judge Roy Bean?

Peter Brandvold said...

Way cool! I didn't know about this one!

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm off.

Neil A. Waring said...

Sounds good

James Reasoner said...

Sean,
No conscious Judge Roy Bean influence, but I've heard about him for as far back as I can remember, so a little bit could have snuck in without me knowing.

Charles Gramlich said...

Got mine.